Sunday, December 4, 2011

Re: The Worth of a Nigerian Life

Update on story initially posted here.

The corpse is still at that same spot. The rot is now advanced and all evidence that the young man was ever there may well disappear with the first heavy rain that occurs.
Further investigation by me revealed that the young man was not unknown. Many Okada men "commercial motorcyclists" are certain that the body is that of a homeless or mad man that made a leafy area by the golf course fence his home.
I intend to visit the Local Council boss on Monday and find out if they are aware of the rotting corpse and if they have jurisdiction to remove it.
I THINK ABOUT THIS AND IT PAINS ME THAT I DO NOT HAVE THE MEANS TO DO ANYTHING!!

4 comments:

  1. I read (liked) your comment here, except I must challenge you to write that piece that you're challenging Chude to write. You too are capable, abi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I read your above captioned article with some concern and have been trying to contact the responsible Ikeja local govt officials

    Pls has the body been removed. Do you have a phone number for the Ikeja Local govt office that has jurisdiction over the vicinity or an email contact? Or say the local Red Cross or any NGO active in the area?

    In case you're able to reply to this email, I can be contacted at Bankarow@yahoo.com or Bankarow@shaw.ca

    Sincerely

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, thanks for your comments. I will write that piece. that you can trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bankarow, I will check today to see if the body is still there and get back to you. As for the phone numbers, i ahev not been able to get any.

    ReplyDelete